Degrees: B.S., Drexel University, USA, 2018
Email: am4239 @ drexel . edu
Phone: (215) – 895 – 1466
Amr Mostafa received his B.S. degree from Drexel University in 2018 in Electrical Engineering. He joined the Center for Electric Power Engineering in 2019 and is working toward his PhD degree in power electronics. His research interests include high voltage wide bandgap semiconductors, resonant converters, and wireless charging technology in EVs, and Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Amr currently holds a part time position as an engineer at Lockheed Martin.
- A. Mostafa, Y. Wang, H. Zhang, C. Zhu, Y. Mei, N. Jiao, and F. Lu, “Output Power Regulation of a Series-Series IPT System Based on Hybrid Voltage and Frequency Tuning Method for EV Charging,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2021 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2021.3120467.
- Wang, Yao, Amr a Mostafa, Hua Zhang, Ying Mei, Chong Zhu, and Fei Lu. “Sensitivity Investigation and Mitigation on Power and Efficiency to Resonant Parameters in an LCC Network for Inductive Power Transfer.” IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Industrial Electronics, 2021, 1–1. https://doi.org/10.1109/JESTIE.2021.3118274.
- Y. Wang, S. Zhao, R. Kheirollahi, A. a Mostafa, H. Zhang, and F. Lu, “Multiphase Interleaved IPT Based Current-Source Converter for High-Current Application,” IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Industrial Electronics, pp. 1–1, 2021 (Under-Review)
- A. Mostafa, Y. Wang, H. Zhang, and F. Lu, “A 5-kW Wireless Charging System with a Panoramic, Hull-Compatible Unipolar Coil Structure for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles,” IEEE Power Electronics Letters.” 2021 (In-Progress)
- Mostafa, Amr, Yao Wang, Hua Zhang, and Fei Lu. “Output Power Control of an S-S IPT System Based on Voltage and Frequency Tuning for EV Charging.” In 2021 IEEE PELS Workshop on Emerging Technologies: Wireless Power Transfer (WoW), 1–5, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1109/WoW51332.2021.9462886.
- Mostafa, Amr, Yao Wang, Hua Zhang, and Fei Lu. “A Z-Class LCC-P Compensated IPT System with a Reverse Coupled Compensation Inductor.” In 2021 IEEE PELS Workshop on Emerging Technologies: Wireless Power Transfer (WoW), 1–5, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1109/WoW51332.2021.9462872.
- Wang, Yao, Amr Mostafa, Zhonghao Dongye, Hua Zhang, and Fei Lu. “A Double-Sided Z-Impedance Compensated Inductive Power Transfer System.” In 2021 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 421–25, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1109/APEC42165.2021.9487460.
Presented at ECCE 2019
- Zhang, Hua, Ying Mei, Chong Zhu, Yao Wang, Sheng Zheng, and Fei Lu. “Challenges in the Z-Class Compatible Inductive Power Transfer System Considering the Wide Varying Range of the Coupling Coefficient.” In 2019 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 1155–58, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ECCE.2019.8913181.
- Zhang, Hua, Chong Zhu, and Fei Lu. “Impacts of the Detuning of Compensation Inductances to the Performance of a Double-Sided LC-Compensated CPT System.” In 2019 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 4212–15, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ECCE.2019.8911862.
- Wang, Yao, Amr Mostafa, Zhonghao Dongye, Hua Zhang, and Fei Lu. “A Zhang, Hua, Yao Wang, Chong Zhu, Ying Mei, Teng Xu, and Fei Lu. “The High Order Harmonic Distortion Phenomenon in the Strongly Coupled IPT System and Its Reduction Method.” In 2019 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), 4223–28, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1109/ECCE.2019.8913182.
IEEE PELS International Future Energy Competition (IFEC)
- 2019 – Undergraduate Group leader, “Power Supply for Nano Satellites” presented at APEC 2019 in Anaheim California, Result: Was awarded a finalist position. http://energychallenge.weebly.com/ifec-2019.html
- 2020 – Graduate advisor, “E-Drive for an electric bike”, Result: Proposal Accepted, Competition was canceled due to COVID-19 http://energychallenge.weebly.com/ifec-2020.html
- 2022 – Graduate advisor, “Smart, Efficient and Light Solar Microgrid Inverter”, Status: Proposal under review. http://energychallenge.weebly.com/ifec-2022.html