DEGREES: BS 2004, Universidad Technologica de Panama
EMAIL: jcj26 @ drexel.edu
Originally from Chiriqui, Republic of Panama, Juan Carlos Jimenez completed his undergraduate studies at Universidad Tecnologica de Panama in 2004 obtaining a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. As an undergraduate, he interned at the largest generation company in Panama, Empresa de Generacion Electrica Fortuna S.A., where he worked in the Electrical Maintenance Department. After completing his internship he was hired by EGE Fortuna as an Assistant Engineer to work on an electric energy consumption study carried on several public and private enterprises.
His desire to obtain a graduate education took him to Drexel University where he earned his MSEE in March 2006. While pursuing his master’s degree, he took advantage of Drexel’s Career Integrated Education Program, moving temporarily to New Orleans, Louisiana where he was a Transmission Planning Intern for the Technical System Planning Group of Entergy Services Inc.
Currently, Juan is pursuing a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with a concentration on power engineering while on a Research Assistantship in the Center of Electric Power Engineering. His areas of interest include power systems operation and transmission expansion planning.
- J. C. Jimenez, S. Jayasuriya, C. O. Nwankpa, “Effects of communication network and load parameters on information-embedded multi-converter shipboard power systems,”in Proc. 2013 IEEE Electric Ship Technologies Symposium (ESTS), pp. 320-325, April 2013.
- C. O. Nwankpa, J. C. Jimenez, S. Jayasuriya, “Modeling and simulation of information-embedded multi-converter power systems,”in Proc. 2013 IEEE International Symposium onCircuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1544-1547, May 2013.
- J. C. Jimenez, S. Jayasuriya, C. O. Nwankpa, “Multi-Converter Power Systems Response to Controller’s Communication Network Delays and Loading Parameters,” in Proc. 2013 35th International Telecommunications Energy Conference (INTELEC), pp. 13-17, Oct. 2013.
- J. C. Jimenez, S. Jayasuriya, C. O. Nwankpa, “Simulation platform development for the analysis of power electronic converter systems with plant and network coupling,”in Proc. 2014 29th Annual IEEEApplied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), pp. 1158-1164, March 2014.
- C. O. Nwankpa, J. C. Jimenez, S. Jayasuriya, “Nonlinear analysis of multi-converter power systems for microgrids,”in Proc. 2014 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 1804-1807, June 2014.
- C. O. Nwankpa, J. C. Jimenez, S. Jayasuriya, “Observability of Network-Delayed Multi-converter Power Systems,” in Proc. 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), pp. 930-933, 24-27 May 2015.