DEGREES: BS 2004, Bucknell University, PhD 2016, Drexel University
Jonathan Berardino received a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Bucknell University in 2004. Following graduation, he joined Exelon Nuclear as an electrical design engineer at Peach Bottom Atomic Power Station, where he worked until the fall of 2008. While at Exelon, Jonathan’s responsibilities included developing designs for system modifications of plant electrical power and process control systems, as well as the troubleshooting of emergent issues involving plant electrical systems and components. He also acted as the lead and assistant engineer on several large design projects and station tests.
Jonathan compled his Ph.D in electrical engineering from Drexel University while working for the Center for Electric Power Engineering under Dr. Chika Nwankpa. His dissertation focused modeling building electrical loads, optimal load control strategies, energy management systems, and load forecasting. He is a member of the IEEE and IEEE Power and Energy Society.
- Jonathan Berardino and Chika Nwankpa, “Statistics of Building-Specific Load Forecasting Models”, Proceedings of the North American Power Symposium 2013, September 2013, Manhattan, KS.
- Jonathan Berardino and Chika Nwankpa, ” Inclusion of Temporal Effects in Forecasting Building Electrical Loads for Demand Resource Planning”,(accepted) Proceedings of the IEEE PowerTech 2013 Conference, June 2013, Grenoble, France.
- Jonathan Berardino and Chika Nwankpa, ” Economic Demand Dispatch of Controllable Building Electrical Loads Incorporating Delayed Response Times”, Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), 2013, Washington DC.
- Jonathan Berardino and Chika Nwankpa, “Interval-Specific Building Load Forecasting Models for Demand Resource Planning”, Proceedings of the IEEE PowerCon 2012 Conference, October 2012, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Anthony Deese, Chika Nwankpa, Juan Jiménez, Jonathan Berardino, Jesse Hill, “Design of Modular Field Programmable Analog Array Hardware for Analysis of Large Power Systems,” International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2012.
- Jonathan Berardino, Mohammed Muthalib, Chika Nwankpa, “Network Constrained Economic Demand Dispatch of Controllable Building Electric Loads”, Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), 2012, Washington DC.
- Jonathan Berardino, Chika Nwankpa, Karen Miu, “Economic Demand Dispatch of Controllable Building Electric Loads for Demand Response”,Proceedings of the IEEE PowerTech 2011 Conference, June 2011, Trondheim, Norway.
- Jonathan Berardino and Chika Nwankpa, “Dynamic Load Modeling of an HVAC Chiller for Demand Response Applications”, IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications, 2010, Gaithersburg, MD.
- Anthony Deese, Juan Jiménez, Jon Berardino, Chika Nwankpa, “Hardware Prototype to Emulate the Dynamics of Power System Generators with Field Programmable Analog Arrays,” International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2010.