Drexel University’s Center for Electric Power Engineering was founded in the Spring of 1986 by Professor Robert Fischl, but the history of the lab extends back even further to Professor Martin Kaplan‘s development of the machines laboratory and the High Voltage Laboratory, which is still in use today.
The CEPE History page will document and share the history of the power engineering program at Drexel, and honor those involved in teaching, research, and laboratory development throughout the decades.
Check back for more additions in the future.
Three CEPE Professors have been elevated to IEEE Fellow:
- Robert Fischl, IEEE Life Fellow
- Founding Director of the Center for Electric Power Engineering 1986-1999
- John Jarem Professor Emeritus of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Harry G. Kwatny, IEEE Life Fellow
- S. Herbert Raynes Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Chika O. Nwankpa, IEEE Fellow
- Director of the Center for Electric Power Engineering 1999-2017
Directors of the CEPE:
Robert Fischl, 1986 -1999
Chika O. Nwankpa, 1999 – 2017
Karen N. Miu, 2017 – Present